Coastal Marine Management Plan (CMMP) 2020 - 2025
Barwon Coast has developed a long-term vision for the Barwon coastline:
‘The natural environment of our coastline will flourish whilst meeting the needs of our engaged communities’
To work towards achieving this vision we have developed a five year strategic plan called the Coastal and Marine Management Plan (CMMP) 2020 - 2025.
This plan focuses on:
- Meeting the demands of increased visitation due to population growth
- Planning for the increasing effects of climate change
- Programs to care for, rehabilitate and protect natural habitats and biodiversity
- Increasing Barwon Coast’s level of Traditional Owner, community, user and stakeholder engagement in setting priorities
- Ensuring Barwon Coast’s financial viability.
Click here to download a copy of the CMMP 2020- 2025 (approved on 12 December 2021)