The Barwon Coast response to COVID-19
Some of our services have changed, and will continue to do so, in response to COVID-19. The best way to keep updated is by following our Facebook Page or checking this webpage. The health and wellbeing of our employees and those who use the Barwon Coast coastal reserve is of paramount importance to us.
Following government directions to help stop the spread of COVID 19 we have changed the way we work at Barwon Coast. Until further notice the Barwon Coast office is CLOSED. Our staff are working remotely. Our major projects are continuing.
- For an emergency call 000
- To report non-compliance with COVID-19 regulations on the coast call the Police 131 444
- For any urgent Barwon Coast matters during business hours call 03 5254 1118
- For all other enquiries email email@example.com
Public Use of the Coast
Following the latest Victorian Government advice a range of public facilities are now closed on the Barwon Coast coastal reserve. Closures will apply until further notice to the following:
- Water fountains
- Public showers
All public toilets are still open for use. We ask the community to only use these facilities when absolutely necessary and to observe excellent hygiene protocols whilst using the facilities for the safety of others and our staff who clean them.
You may still access the coast and beach for exercise and recreation according to the following government directions:
- You must observe physical distancing of 1.5 metres at all times
- Gathering limits apply
- Take responsibility of your own hygiene and be mindful of others
- Exercise and other non contact activities are permitted
These measures are under direction from the Chief Health Officer Victoria and in accordance with DHHS protocols around physical distancing and public gatherings to reduce the spread of coronoavirus.
For further information on coronoavirus please visit www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
When on the coast we ask that everyone please do their part – abide by the closures and maintain physical distancing.
As of Friday 18 September our caravan parks – the Riverview Family Caravan Park in Ocean Grove and the Barwon Heads Caravan Park are open. This is in line with current Victorian Government COVID-19 regulations. The safety of our staff, guests and the wider community is our highest priority and as such we have developed a ‘COVIDSafe Plan’ in line with government requirements. Our staff are also trained in COVID-19 best practice hygiene and cleaning procedures. We are ensuring every day that we meet government regulations and keep abreast of the best practice for the accommodation industry in managing the risks of COVID-19. Specifically, some of the actions we are taking in the caravan parks to address COVID-19 risks include:
- Requiring, reinforcing and monitoring that social distancing and good hygiene are practiced by all staff and guests;
- Significantly enhanced disinfection, cleaning and monitoring of shared spaces such as cabins, amenity blocks, camp kitchens and reception areas;
- Putting measures in place such as ‘sneeze screens’ and improved personal protective and hygiene equipment such as gloves, masks and hand sanitiser to protect our staff;
- Contact tracing procedures for all guests and staff; and
- A comprehensive response plan is in place in the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the caravan park.
For more information please refer to the caravan park websites.
Riverview Family Caravan Park
Phone: (03) 5256 1600
Barwon Heads Caravan Park
Phone: (03) 5254 1115